Please contact Cindy Chaves at firstname.lastname@example.org regarding career opportunities.
Assistant General Counsel
About the Job
Lyme is looking for an outstanding individual to join its team based in Hanover, New Hampshire on a full-time or half-time basis. The Assistant General Counsel will provide legal support for Lyme’s investment funds, subsidiary portfolio companies, and fund management business. In this capacity, the Assistant General Counsel will work closely with the executive team in structuring investment vehicles and joint ventures, executing real estate acquisitions, financings, and dispositions, ensuring compliance with securities laws and regulations, and advising on tax structuring. The Assistant General Counsel will report to Lyme’s General Counsel.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Lyme offers an excellent benefits package and a family-friendly environment and grants employees the opportunity to invest in Lyme-sponsored funds and to participate in the associated incentive structures.
Essential Job Functions
- In collaboration with in-house and outside counsel, draft and negotiate:
- documents in connection with real estate acquisitions, dispositions, and financings
- commercial agreements relating to timberland and real estate operations and management
- documents incident to raising and managing pooled investment funds, such as private placement memoranda, limited partnership agreements, side letters, and advisory committee memoranda
- corporate organizational documents such as operating agreements, consents, and authorizations
- Develop and refine systems for contract management and risk management at both firm and portfolio company levels
- Work with Chief Compliance Officer to monitor and enhance SEC compliance program
- JD from nationally recognized law school with excellent academic credentials in law school and undergraduate studies
- 3-7 years of experience in real estate, securities, tax, and/or corporate law
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to grasp complex structures and concepts quickly, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong quantitative skills and aptitude for financial analysis
- Team player with a positive can-do attitude and desire to be part of a close-knit group operating in an intense and demanding work environment
- Excellent organizational, communication and research skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Hard work, analytical rigor, teamwork, accountability, integrity
- Position could be half-time to full-time
Please send cover letter, resume, and law school transcript to: The Lyme Timber Company LP; 23 South Main Street, Suite 3A; Hanover, New Hampshire 03755; email@example.com. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
Employment in this position is contingent upon, consent to, and successful completion of a pre-employment background check. Lyme provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.